Forest School First Aid 16 hour Outdoor Course
Time & Location
About the Event
The knowledge required to provide life saving skills should be made as simple as possible, to allow you to work as best as possible in a stressful situation. Our Forest School First Aid does exactly that!
Forest School First Aid is indeed a specific discipline in Emergency Care because it presents the rescuer with the unique situation of prolonged care of a patient in a remote area before definitive medical care can be provided. Also, and more importantly, as much as the first aid provisions are similar with children, they have the ability to deteriorate rapidly. In this situation, the emergency medical services may be difficult to obtain or delayed. Therefore, in light of this, a number of different skills and considerations required compared to the urban setting.
Included in this course are both adult and paediatric First Aid skills and knowledge.Who is this course for?
Forest School Leaders at any level.Your First Aid Trainer:
Your trainer will have had real-life experience of administering First Aid form serving in the Emergency Services, which we truly believe gives credibility and quality to the training you deserve to receive. Your abilities in saving a life are most important to us, hence this is why our training ethos is to create a relaxed and enjoyable training experience in which to learn to your full potential.Course Content:
- Introduction to Outdoor First Aid
- Action and priorities in an Emergency
- Basic Life Support (Adult and Child CPR)
- Administer First Aid to an Adult or Child who is choking
- Content of First Aid kits
- Primary and Secondary patient assessment
- Management of the unconscious patient
- Heart Attack
- Seizures (Epilepsy)
- Minor & Major Bleeding (including the trauma dressing)
- Head Injuries
- Spinal Injuries
- Hypothermia & Hyperthermia
2 Days 16 contact hours
9.30 – 18.30 each dayQualification:
Qualification for the Outdoor First Aid 2-Day Course is achieved through ongoing assessment.
1. Emergency First Aid at Work
2. Forest School First Aid 16 Hours
Qualification (Valid for 3 years)
- Forest School Outdoor FirstAid£151£1510£0
- Overnight Camping Ticket£15£150£0
- Interested, but not committed£0£00£0